Thursday, July 26, 2012

Embryo Transfer (7/25/2012)

Embryo transfer completed! We met with the doctor yesterday to go over the status of all 42 embryos. They are all looking really good and maturing well, so the doctor decided that today was the best day for the transfer. We made an educated decision with the doctor on how many embryos he felt would be best to transfer for our particular situation. However, we have decided to wait and share that information with everyone until we have better results. Ryan and I had the opportunity to watch the embryo transfer be completed and Dr. Foulk walked us through each step of the procedure. It was such a neat experience that we will never forget. I have had no pain following the transfer and it is actually hard to be on bed rest when you feel just fine. I am down on bed rest for 3-4 days and I am suppose to lay down as much as possible. After the first few days I can return to my normal activities,  but I can not be involved in physical activities that raise my heart rate or body temperature for a few weeks. The lab at Dr. Foulk's office called us today to let us know that they froze 14 healthy and mature embryos which is a large amount. Usually they only have 4-6 embryos to freeze per transfer.

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHH. such great news. I am getting so excited by each post. Take it easy ! As much as you may feel okay, its best to not take chances!. Relax and be positive. i am so happy.

    ps. seriously if you need anything, company, dinner, a movie, chat,etc let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited and waiting very patiently for all the incoming news! We are getting so close!! I'm so glad your doing so well Traci..... {{{hugz}}} to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete